Strom has spoken to audiences from across various markets and levels of experience, at numerous conferences and events. He never fails to entertain and educate his audiences with practical information that can be immediately applied to their particular situations. He has a natural ability to explain even the most complex technologies, and can also provide visionary analysis and thought-provoking insights too. Strom speaks to audiences ranging from rank beginners at the local Rotary to the most geeky collections of CIOs. He is a member of the National Speakers Association. Here is his current speaking schedule and a copy of his one-sheet flyer. Strom constantly updates and customizes his presentations, owing to the fast rate of change in technology, so his audiences will always have the freshest and most current content. You will get just the right amount of information, whether you want to just know how to make the best purchase decisions or the total inner workings of some technology. His goal is help you use technology in fiscally sound, strategic, creative and fun ways.
You can download a sampling of his presentation materials.
Want to hear what David sounds like? You can listen to several of his podcasts:
- Since 2016, industry author and expert Paul Gillin and I co-host For Immediate Release: B2B and talk about marketing and public relations for the B2B IT industry. Here is a sample episode:
- The upside of polarization and the great podcast correction
- Up until 2009, Gillin and I co-hosted MediaBlather: This was a weekly program aimed at hi-tech public relations pros, telling them what they need to know about new and old media. Sample episodes:
- Strom produced another series of podcasts for eWeek called Channel Chat, talking to leading reseller industry executives.
- Finally, there is the 2008 series called AccidentalFundraiser, podcasts that Carol Weisman and Strom have created about fundraising and philanthropy. Here is one sample:
- An interview with Carrie Wells, a cancer survivor, about her personal fundraising and support efforts.
- How to get the best trade press product reviews
- Making Sense of Big Data
- Google v. China, our first cyber war
- Five collaborative communities that build on the Twitter model
- Beyond Google Calendar: New ways to schedule meetings using Web services
- Perfecting your LinkedIn profile to help your members land their next job
- New developments in endpoint security technologies
- How to save money and time using the latest collaboration technologies
- Giving Thanks to Bill Gates: A look back and forward
- How businesses can increase profits using social networks and blogs